McLaren Packaging recognises the social and economic importance of protecting the Environment and is fully committed to complying with the requirements of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and the EU Regulation 995/2010.
To support the stated commitment, it is management policy to integrate environmental considerations into the business decision-making process.
In order to maintain and sustain the company’s environmental commitment, all suppliers of Paper & Timber shall: –
- Comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice, co-operating fully with relevant statutory bodies and trade associations.
- Ensure that they are aware of environmental impacts of their products and can prove traceability of their raw materials.
- Avoid supplying Paper or Timber either directly or indirectly from any of the following:
– Illegal logging or the trade in illegal wood or forest products;
-Violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations;
-Destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations;
-Significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use;
-Introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations;
- Violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions, as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, 1998.
- Seek to encourage their suppliers, agents and contractors to adopt good environmental policies and practices.